Founded in 1926, Colony Brands quickly evolved to one of the world’s largest and most successful catalog companies, employing over 7000 people today.
Colony Brands successfully implemented PTC Windchill FlexPLM in the PTC Cloud, which aligns with its overall IT strategy to move all hardware and application management into the Cloud.
- The company wanted a smooth implementation but didn’t have the technical skills in house to manage Apache and PTC Windchill Flex PLM.
- The decision-makers also wanted to ensure ongoing optimal performance and stability of PTC Windchill FlexPLM at a predictable cost.
- Colony Brands’ risk management plan for the PTC Windchill FlexPLM implementation relied on leveraging PTC Cloud Services to ensure a rapid deployment of the system.
- By having the experts in PTC Cloud Services configure, tune, and support the system, Colony Brands would also be able to avoid performance issues or creating an unstable system.
- Stability, performance, and proactive monitoring/tuning of the system have exceeded expectations. This includes fast response times for the Colony
Brands team in Shanghai, China.
- Releases are implemented monthly, with practically no post-install issues.
- Colony Brands is seeing excellent response times to requests for new users or catalogs, which was an initial concern.